|Job Ref:||203981878||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:57|
HVAC / Building Services (Mech) Engineer Bristol |
£35000 - £50000
Leading Mechanical Services Specialists with offices across the country. With almost 30 years of trading experience the company are now seeing excellent sustained growth.
The Mechanical Building Services Engineer will be tasked with the following:
• Responsibility for allocated design projects and will work closely with fellow design engineers, project managers, supply chain as well as the main contractors and their respective teams.
• Attending client and pre-contract design reviews, the candidate must have a solid background within the building services (mechanical) sector and understand the world of contracting.
• This post offers the opportunity for the candidate to develop and grow within the team, with future scope for progression.
• To read through all project documentation, understanding the clients requirements yet able to identify any potential risks to ensure designs are compliant and correctly engineered.
• Ensure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
• Prepare supplier & subcontract enquiries, receipt of quotes, prepare fully encompassing designs and provide breakdowns for submission to main contractors / clients in both competitive and negotiated tender opportunities
• To write design briefs, specifications and report on progress
• Deliver presentations of respective design and represent the company confidently to key clients and customers.
• Assist with CAD during periods of heavy workload. Preparation of handover files to the Project Manager's, comprehensively running through said project with the delivery team.
• Where necessary, provide assistance to the Project Manager's with re-format or design changes during the installation phase of the contract.
• Assist in developing procedures and best practice within the design department
The Successful Candidate
• Recognised industry qualifications.
• Educated to HND level or equivalent qualification as a minimum.
• Proven track record in the HVAC / mechanical services industry.
• Must have sound knowledge of all mechanical systems from LTHW, domestics, public health through to gas and ventilation services.
• Able to communicate at all levels, internally and with customers.
• IT proficient - all key Office products, HEVACOMP and AutoCAD software at an advanced level.
• Thorough knowledge of CIBSE design guides and relevant British standards.
• Comfortable working with and producing schedules of rates.
• Knowledge of how to prepare contract documentation for major items and projects.
• Full driving licence.
• Chartered / Incorporated Membership (CEng / IEng) of CIBSE, or relevant and equivalent professional body
• Experience of both M&E Sound knowledge of renewable energies
• Background designing and working in the retail environment
• Design projects up to the value of 1m