|Job Ref:||203885878||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£30000 - £50000/annum + Car Allowance & Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
1st Step Recruitment Solutions Ltd|
Are you currently looking for a new challenge? 1st Step are currently working with a Leading M&E Contractor based in Bristol who are looking to build on their Estimating team due to having recently secured multiple projects. With competitive salary and benefits available along with a great company culture this could be the new challenge you're looking for.
Whether you are an Intermediate Electrical Estimator looking for development and progression or at Senior level and just looking for a new challenge, please get in contact to discuss.
This is a great opportunity to join a Large M&E Contractor based in Hampshire, turning working on projects up to the value of £15million. If you are looking for a new role on a permanent basis or freelance and have a strong background with Electrical Estimation on projects within Commercial fit-out, Health, Education and Residential please send your CV in.
Some of the responsibilities are shown below.
1. Preparation of detailed take-offs and measurement from tender documents for Project valued from £1Million-15 Million
2. Design Proposals, examine tender documentation and advise of alternative solutions or value engineering options
3. Take an enquiry or tender package and work it up into a detailed quotation using Estimation
4. Liaise with other departments for gathering data required for the compilation of tenders
5. Undertake the commercial/technical appraisal of suppliers and M&E sub-contractors.
6. Cover for other duties in the event of Staff holidays and illness.
7. Fulfill a weekly telemarketing slot to contact prospective customers by phone.
8. Additional duties at Management?s discretion.
Technical Skills and Qualification
* Minimum of City & Guilds or ONC level of education
* Have a good understanding of the Electrical Industry
* Work well under pressure
* Meet tight deadlines to return quotations
* Work accurately and effectively with minimal supervision
* Can communicate at all levels
* Computer literate / IT skills as required to carry out job
Planning and Organising
* Knows how to organise own workload
* Knows how to prioritise work and deliver on time
* Contributes to day-to-day smooth running of the unit or process
* Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
* Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People
* Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, etc.
* Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
* Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
* Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
* Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
* Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
* Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
* Able to communicate with others in an acceptable and appropriate manner, e.g. patience, tact, humour, sensitivity, understanding, firmness