|Job Ref:||204442607||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£32000 - £35000/annum £35,000||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:53|
Job Type: Permanent|
The Senior Software Test Analyst position is based in Basingstoke. The role requires validating that applications conform to their specifications and correctly performs all required functions, as per product release, configuration and customer requirement documents. The Software Test Analyst will be responsible for test case / script preparation and test script execution activities for various client applications. To do this successfully you will need at least 3 to 5 years testing experience.
Senior Test Analyst
The right candidate should have knowledge of structured testing methodologies with an extensive and in-depth knowledge of testing techniques including, but not limited to system integration, regression, load, stress and acceptance testing. They should also have experience in writing test specifications, and test scripts. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of several test tools including Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager. They would be expected to have knowledge of test automation, preferably Coded UI, Selenium, SOAP/REST UI and JMeter.
Applicants for the Senior Software Test Analyst position should have strong skills in identifying and solving problems. They must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels as well as the ability to produce accurate test results and management reports. The ideal candidate should be an excellent team player with an ability to work independently when required.
• The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of previous software testing experience.
• Understanding of the software development life cycle, and ideally Agile/SCRUM methodology
• Exposure to Microsoft technologies.
• Have experience of health sector and decision support software
• Ability to adapt to a wide variety of situations.
• Proven ability to lead and mentor junior team members.
• ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
• They should be a Degree holder in Information Technology or a related discipline.
Senior Test Analyst
• Work closely with developers to support test driven development practices in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
• Transforming user requirements into test artifacts, including test planning, test execution (both manual and automated) and test reporting.
• Test case / script preparation and test script execution to deliver testing capabilities for a specific project.
• Liaising with end users with regards to defect queries as well as supporting customers during UAT
• Accountable for quality assurance of testing deliverables
• Software Test Analysis experience is essential
• An ability to meet project deadlines.
• Effective planning and estimation skills
• Quality Assurance skills
• An ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team and be focused.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Accomplished communicator (possessing excellent oral and written) communication skills