|Job Ref:||204450655||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Job Title Monitoring & Capacity Manager|
Position reports to: DCS Head of Technical Support
DCS Team: Monitoring & Capacity
Department: Data Centre Services
Employment status: Full-Time
We are SCC - Specialist Computer Centres - Europe's leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Monitoring Engineer.
• To manage the Monitoring & Capacity team within SCC
• Ensure the current monitoring toolset (SCOM, StableNet) are used as efficiently and productively within its supported infrastructure.
• Look to develop and enhance where possible using service improvement for both SCOM and StableNet.
• Ensure there is effective operational support in place to cover all contractual support requirements.
• Resource management of the delivery unit ensuring that sufficient trained and security cleared people are available for Live Service and Project work.
• Develop individual people in order to continually improve their performance and advance them within their role community.
• Acting as the lead for all operational aspects of the technology stream delivery and support
• Identify and prioritise Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements.
• Working with the other teams to define procedures to be followed and the touch-points to be managed by delivery managers in the event of 'Significant', 'High Priority' and 'Major' infrastructure incidents.
• As leader and manager ensure all aspects of operation delivery day to day tasks such as Infrastructure, OS and User environment support and maintenance are delivered in accordance with required Service Level and contractual agreements.
• Create and maintain a roadmap timeline describing the evolution and delivery of service improvements within the specified delivery unit.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Passionate about technology, attention to detail, good work ethic
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of support and service transition. Candidate must have experience of working in a large solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. They will have managed a technical team or teams within a BAU and Project environment and have experience leading High Priority incidents and changes.
• Minimum 3 year's experience managing a technical team(s)
• Technical support experience for the following
o SCOM 2007
o SCOM 2012
• Windows Server Administration (2003, 2008, 2012)
• Unix Server Administration (Solaris, Linux, Red Hat, AIX, HP)
• Knowledge of support and configuration for SNMP v1,2,3
• Ability to work with technical teams and end users to resolve application issues and performance issues
• Solid understanding of Network infrastructure and protocols Technologies (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• ITIL Certified
• SCOM Certification
• Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, shell, Perl)
• SQL DBA skills
Why work @ SCC?
We know that our people make us possible - and we reward hard work. As an SCC employee you will have access to a range of benefits, just for being part of the team.
As part of the Rigby Group PLC, We are able to offer inter-company privileges and corporate reward schemes to each of our people. Plus discounts and salary sacrifice options. In fact, our benefits make it easy for you to maintain an healthy work/life balance - and save a little bit of money along the way.
Interested ? If so call (Apply online only) alternatively send your CV to Andrea Hoffman