|Job Ref:||204463118||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:45|
Salary plus O/C bonus etc |
Our client is a Microsoft and Oracle partner supporting 100s of clients' environments both in the public and private sector.
They have a 15 years track record of delivering class-leading IT and technology solutions and support and they are now looking to strengthen their DBA Support Team with an experienced SQL DBA. You will be working with a very talented and professional team and supporting a variety of clients who rely on our client to support, maintain and develop their IT infrastructure.
To be considered for this role you must be currently working in an SQL DBA Support environment and be able to demonstrate most of the following requirements;
• SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 RDBMS Database Administration
• At least 5 years' experience providing database administration services in the following environments - MS SQL Server/2000/2005/2008 require comprehensive knowledge, along with extensive and varied experience in these Log shipping, Configuring Standby Database, Replication, DB Mirroring, DB backup and Recovery
• Working experience in Installation, Backup, Restores/Refreshes, etc.
• Must have worked in log shipping, Replication, DB Mirroring, Migration, Performance Tuning, Cluster environment and DTS/SSIS
• Ability to deal with conflicting deadlines on a regular basis when managing work packages associated with projects. Good troubleshooting skill is a must
• Good working knowledge of Windows XP/2000/Vista/2003 Operating environments
• Ability to utilize various tools to provide system management functions such as: system backup/recovery, code promotion, system monitoring
• Ability to perform installations, software upgrades, and apply patches
• Ability to formulate overall strategies and support development effort in areas of major difficulties and organizational complexity
• Risk awareness is vital. A simple change can have major unintended consequences • University Degree or College Diploma in Information Systems and demonstrated experience in the field of Information Technology
• Clear understanding of SQL Server backup methodologies and implementation
• Management of SQL Server versions 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2014.
• Automation of routine tasks using T-SQL, Command files, PowerShell and VBScript.
• Good Understanding of High Availability and Business Continuity
• Understanding of SAN Technologies Understanding of VMware
• Ability to define and implement SQL Server security with Windows Active Directory
• Ability to analyse, debug and improve SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
• Ability to analyse T-SQL code to offer advice for performance and configuration