|Job Ref:||204465487||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Carmarthenshire||City:||Llanelli||Address:||Post Code:||SA15||Salary:||£31579 - £34140/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
IT Engineer (Operations)|
£31,579.79 - £34,140.32 pa
Day to day management of IT operations with particular focus on server farm and infrastructure, Active Directory management, Data Centre and associated facilities. In addition project responsibility will be assigned linked with infrastructure evolvement.
• Provision of proactive management for server farm (both physical and virtual environment), central data store, and general server room / DC facility, back-up systems.
• Provision of health monitoring, capacity management, patch management, etc. for all in scope areas of facility.
• Execution of departmental continuous improvement projects within the Operations Pillar.
• Policy development and maintenance for all Operations Pillar subjects.
• Implementation of root cause analysis and countermeasure development for concerns raised within the Operations pillar systems and applications.
• Provision of support for other areas of IT when required.
• Participation in continuous improvement activities including V-Up, VSM, etc.
• Identification of cost reduction and labour saving activities within the pillar and overall IT and development of supporting plans.
• Identification of areas of innovation that can aid both the pillar and overall IT.
• Provision of support for strategy development within the pillar and overall IT.
• Compliance with all HS&E requirements including any corporate obligations regarding management of on-site vendors.
Administration and management of Windows Sever 2008R2 and 2012 OS, management and server room infrastructure and facilities, Active Directory management, and management of data storage solutions are essential.
Excellent troubleshooting skills and a strong curiosity and enthusiasm for technology.
Ideally educated to degree level in an IT subject or equivalent.
To apply for this position you will need to send your up to date CV (in Word format please) to Totec.