|Job Ref:||204469038||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Greater London||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
My client is a leader within Health Products and Diagnostic services, winning an award for the best Health App. They have a team of the best people you'd ever want to meet, working on some of the most futuristic projects. I am looking for people who are smart, funny, innovative and tenacious, who can adapt and work together.
What do we want?
My client is looking for a motivated, scientifically sophisticated and technically capable software engineer with experience of Bayesian approaches to machine learning and AI, to aid in the development of their market-leading products. Reporting to the Head of AI, you will be part of a collaborative and growing AI team based in our central London office.
You will be working with highly skilled data science, NLP, data, engineering and product teams to release great products across the company. Your skills will be put to use on the development of code to answer deep problems in statistical modeling and machine intelligence across our product line, where they are building complex systems to meet their core goal of making health care easier for everyone to access.
The focus of this role is on the creation and improvement of graphical models that form the basis of many of their AI systems. A candidate for this role will have knowledge and experience of implementing statistical and machine learning models at scale as well as a familiarity with relevant inference methods. Experience with knowledge engineering specific to these types of models will be considered a very strong asset.
Who fits the role?
• A software engineer or scientific programmer with experience delivering statistical and machine learning models specific to AI.
• Knowledgeable in general Bayesian approaches to statistical modeling, including demonstrated experience with Bayesian methods: inference, modeling, etc. Experience of Bayesian networks / Probabilistic Graphical Models specifically will be given very strong preference.
• Organized and pro-active, with strong attention to detail.
• A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.
• Flexible and adaptable, with a "can do" approach and solid problem-solving skills.
• Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
• Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organisational improvements.
What matters most?
• MSc/PhD in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, computational statistics, physics, life sciences, etc.); exceptional BSc candidates with relevant commercial experience will also be considered.
• Demonstrated statistical and machine learning experience, academic or commercial, and knowledge of major data science tools and frameworks.
• Commercial-grade coding skills in at least one major language. Python is preferred, and knowledge of other languages is optional but valuable (e.g. R/Java/C++).
• Experience with cloud computing environments, such as AWS.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.
• Comfortable working in a collaborative and commercial scientific environment that operates using agile methodologies.
• A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences, at all levels and in all mediums from email to written and oral presentations.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
• A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, even in the face of demanding deadlines.
What's nice to have?
• Knowledge of database technologies (NoSQL / graph) is a significant plus. Experience with Docker / containers is an asset.
• HPC computing experience.
• Healthcare domain experience