|Job Ref:||204469294||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Greater London||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
My client is a leader within Health Products and Diagnostic services, winning an award for the best Health App. They have a team of the best people you'd ever want to meet, working on some of the most futuristic projects. I am looking for people who are smart, funny, innovative and tenacious, who can adapt and work together.
What do we want?
My client is looking for a motivated, scientifically sophisticated and technically capable scientist with experience of Bayesian approaches to machine learning and AI, to aid in the development of their market-leading products. Reporting to the Head of AI, you will be part of a collaborative and growing AI team based in their central London office.
You will be working with highly skilled data science, NLP, data, engineering and product teams to release great products across the company. Your skills will be put to use on deep problems in statistical modeling and machine intelligence across their product line, where they are building complex systems to meet their core goal of making health care easier for everyone to access.
The focus of this role is on the creation and improvement of graphical models that form the basis of many of their AI systems. A candidate for this role will have knowledge and experience in modeling decision systems as graphical models as well as familiarity with methods of inference on these models. Experience with knowledge engineering specific to these types of models will be considered a very strong asset.
Who fits the role?
• An artificial intelligence scientist with experience in statistical and machine learning models specific to AI, either academic or commercial.
• Experience with probabilistic graphical models (Bayesian networks) is essential. This is a central component of the role, and should be demonstrated in the form of multiple academic publications and/or delivered commercial products.
• Knowledgeable in general Bayesian approaches to statistical modeling.
• Organized and pro-active, with strong attention to detail.
• A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.
• Flexible and adaptable, with a "can do" approach and solid problem-solving skills.
• Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
• Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organisational improvements.
What matters most?
• PhD in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, computational statistics, physics, life sciences, etc.)
• Demonstrated statistical and machine learning experience, academic or commercial, and knowledge of major data science tools and frameworks.
• Strong coding skills in at least one major language. Python is preferred, and knowledge of other languages is optional but valuable (e.g. R/Java/C++).
• Comfortable working in a collaborative and commercial scientific environment.
• A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences, at all levels and in all mediums from email to written and oral presentations.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
• A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, even in the face of demanding deadlines.
What's nice to have?
• Knowledge of database technologies (NoSQL / graph) is a significant plus.
• Healthcare domain experience