|Job Ref:||204471189||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tyne and Wear||Address:||Post Code:||NE21||Salary:||£35000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:41|
This is an exciting opportunity within a well-established organisation, to contribute to their rapid expansion and technical needs during a critical period of change. The organisation is introducing further process efficiencies in its working practices and is looking to introduce new systems and technology to support these changes.
• Your primary focus will be Systems Operations and you will therefore be responsible for the availability, performance, security, effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure;
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes;
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions;
• Develop, deploy and improve monitoring of application and infrastructure;
• Align current working processes to be compliant with ISO 27001
• Provide support and assistance to the Service Manager and Systems Operations Manager for Incident, problem and capacity management
• Linux system administration
• Apache webserver deployment, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
• Shell scripting
• Java/Jython application deployment, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
• MySQL and/or MSSQL administration and troubleshooting
• Experience of performing systems administration
• Working in an ITIL / ISO27001 environment
• Deployment automation tools: Chef (preferred) or other such as Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Vagrant etc.
• Enterprise monitoring tools: Zabbix (preferred) or other such as Nagios, Zenoss, Opennms etc.
• Public cloud platforms: Rackspace (preferred), Amazon, Linode, DigitalOcean, Google, Microsoft
• Virtualisation platforms and tools: VMWare, Xen/OpenStack, Virtual Box
• Application infrastructure: Java/Tomcat6, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Apache HTTPD, Apache Active MQ
• Operations: Understanding of ITIL, DevOps, Kanban, Agile principles