|Job Ref:||204477965||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum + 15% Bonus + 5% Pension + Benefit||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:48|
Infrastructure Team Lead / Manager x 2|
• Role: Wintel Technical Team Lead / Manager (3 Vacancies)
• Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + 15% Bonus + Benefits
• Location: Coventry
Here at Rebel Recruitment we only work with companies we are proud to represent, companies that treat their people well; have interesting and complex projects, and where people can genuinely develop their skills and careers. Working with one such company with their base in Coventry, I am looking for multiple Infrastructure Team Leads / Managers; we are looking for both a hands-on and management based Tech Leads / Managers so it is worth considering this role whether you are very hands-on or not as long as you have experience on leading / managing a small team of experienced Engineers. Whether you have a Windows / Wintel background or if you have operated in a UNIX / Linux environment - I would be keen to hear from you as the business have use for both.
• Deliver technical solutions across multiple disciplines, contributing to and aligning with architectural strategy and roadmaps.
• Direct line management and day to day accountability for a team of specialists, ensuring KPI's are put in place & met
• Manage the technical activities conducted by the team assigned to them
• Deliver technical solutions for many disciplines & lead a team to deliver to project or programme timescales
• Provide opportunities for individuals to develop their skills / abilities
Essential skills and experience:
NOTE: We are looking for both a hands- on and management based tech leads so it is worth considering this role whether you like rolling up your sleeves or not as long as you have experience on leading / managing a team. Also, Whether you have a Windows / Wintel background or if you have operated in a UNIX / Linux environment - I would be keen to hear from you as the business have use for both.
• Leading, coaching and mentoring team members
• Role related experience, or extensive experience of delivering Infrastructure services / solutions to a mission critical environment.
• Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
• Change control, release procedures and tools.
• Knowledge of systems management procedures in a commercial environment
• ITIL based service management framework
• Wintel Experience
• VMware Virtualisation.
• HP Server / Blade / Cluster Technology.
Skill / Experience in the following desirable (Wintel):
• An appreciation of web services, XML standards
• An appreciation of Windows based applications.
• IT Security, TMG, Finjan, mailsweeper
• Backup software (Commvault Simpana)
• Powershell scripting
• Branch Systems (Focus) support.
• Exchange email services (2010).
• IIS, COM, web browser, .net and associated Internet/Intranet technology.
• SAN technology (NetApp) and utilities.
• Citrix XenApp.
• Sharepoint (2007,2013)
• SCCM (2007, 2012)
Skills (UNIX / Linux)
• UNIX (preferably Solaris 10 & 11) and Layered Product Administration and Tuning.
• Linux (preferably Red Hat) product Installation, Administration and Tuning.
• SAN technology (NetApp) , FC-HBA & NFS connectivity and utilities.
• Storage Technologies such as ZFS, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Skill / Experience in the following desirable (Unix / Linux)
• Configuration/Administration of Oracle (Sun) Hardware - M Series, T Series Servers, LDOMs
• Appreciation of Oracle Databases and Applications (Oracle E-Business, Oracle Forms, Oracle Internet Directory)
• Apache/Tomcat Web services
• Backup software (Commvault Simpana,)
• Scripting skills predominantly Korn shell
If you feel you'd be a good match for the role, please apply now. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to call me on the number above.
Rebel Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer