|Job Ref:||204484336||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Stoke-on-Trent||Address:||Post Code:||ST4||Salary:||£30000 - £37000/annum 25 days + bank hol + pension||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a Stoke-on-Trent based organisation that is involved in building complex data management and software products for well-known companies around the world!
The position provides an opportunity sit within the DBA function where the Data Modeller will manage, maintain and continue to develop Data Models, whilst aligning the design and development of all products with a quality driven process.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating and maintaining Data Models using the CA ERwin Modelling Tool.
• Publishing and maintaining documentation related to Data Models for all company products.
• Creating and maintaining Data Flow Diagrams for all company products.
• Providing Data Modelling training to DBAs and Developers.
• Helping and advising Developers with any required changes to the Data Models.
• Responsibility for defining and enforcing Logical Design Standards & providing assistance in Data Warehouse Logical Design
• Providing modelling guidance for future technologies, including NoSQL and Document structured databases.
• Running Internal Data Modelling Workshop Meetings.
A successful applicant will have:
• Experience with using the Computer Associates ERwin Data Modelling Tool.
• Experience with Conceptual and Logical Data Modelling
• Good understanding of Relational Theory.
• A willingness to work independently when required
• A passion to innovate and desire to drive innovations forward
• An aptitude for both efficient and accurate working
Advantageous skills include:
• Knowledge and experience of modelling for NoSQL and Document Databases would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Data modelling in an Agile Environment would be an advantage.
• A knowledge and understanding of SQL would be an advantage.
Industry Leading Benefits -
• 25 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays
• Employers pension contribution
• Free parking
• Childcare Vouchers
• Heavily subsidised food menu (breakfast / lunch & dinner)
• Cycle to work scheme