|Job Ref:||204499789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South Kensington||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:58|
SQL Server DBA/SQL Server Database Administrator - Based in South West London|
12 month Fixed Term Contract paying up to £40,000 per annum
Purpose of job
The SQL Server DBA is responsible for server infrastructure IT services support activities including maintenance, administration, and second and third line support. You will work closely with the Service Desk to provide second and third line operational support and to ensure timely and efficient resolution of IT infrastructure-related incidents and service requests.
When requested by the Change Managers, the SQL Server DBA will support the process of impact assessing and planning IT infrastructure changes, and will then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans.
The SQL Server DBA is also required to support projects with a database infrastructure element, and also direct projects (with assistance from the Infrastructure Services Manager if required) where a significant component of the delivery is change to server services.
• Day to day service desk queue management of database related incidents, service requests and problems.
• Resolve database related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
• Proactive preventative maintenance and performance tuning of all databases and servers including designing and implementing appropriate maintenance plans.
• Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain the clients SQL infrastructure, and to investigate and resolve IT infrastructure-related incidents.
• As required, provide timely communication to users on the status of their service requests and incidents.
• As necessary, liaise with IT suppliers to ensure IT infrastructure-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure problem prevention methods are continually applied to improve service levels and reduce costs.
• Undertake IT infrastructure-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate.
• Monitor the availability, performance and throughput of supported IT SQL databases.
• Prioritise and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
• Produce and maintain IT SQL database support technical documentation.
• Participate in disaster recovery activities as required.
• Work with the Change Managers to review and impact new business requirements.
• Contribute to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change roll-out plans etc.
• Ensure capacity, availability, security and service support requirements are considered in all IT infrastructure changes.
• Implement, test and monitor required IT infrastructure changes in line with change implementation plans.
• Ensure IT infrastructure changes meet the agreed service acceptance criteria.
• Undertake knowledge management activities: identifying, controlling and storing any pertinent information, and maintaining knowledge items to ensure that they are current, relevant and valid.
• Ensure that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to the client, and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
• Be security conscious, ensure familiarity and co-operation with all Client security procedures and ensure you wear a security pass at all times when on client premises.
• Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate managers within your department.
• SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and database administration
• SSIS and SSRS administration
• T-SQL scripting
• Understanding of database design and architecture
• Windows Server 2008/R2/2012
• Active Directory
• Networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
• Experience using a computerised call logging application
• Experience of performing a similar role
• Good understanding of ITIL service management processes
• Skilled in IT problem diagnosis and resolution
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders
• Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail
• Strong planning and organisation skills
• Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales
• Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
• Experience of working with third parties
• Ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team
• Virtualisation (VMware, HYPER-V)
• Clustering/High Availability
• PowerShell Scripting
Essential SFIA Skills
• IT management (ITMG): Level 5
• IT operations (ITOP): Level 3
• System software (SYSP) Level 3
• Application support (ASUP): Level 3
• Systems installation / decommissioning (HSIN): Level 4
• Service desk and incident management (USUP): Level 3
• Problem management (PBMG): Level 4
Desirable SFIA Skills
• Emerging technology monitoring (EMRG): Level 5
• Quality assurance (QUAS): Level 5