|Job Ref:||204514401||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
One of the leading names in the software industry are looking for a software engineering team, based in Central London.|
Work with existing codebases (C/C++) to add functionality and resolve issues Analyse and improve performance with optimization techniques Support integration with third-parties Take personal responsibility for timescale estimation, task prioritisation and design accuracy
Qualifications & Experience:
• At least 3 years' experience of working in software development and integration on embedded devices primarily mobiles, set top box, gaming consoles etc.
• Significant experience in developing C/C++ code from the ground up and enhancing established code bases
• Experience in scripting languages (preferably Python)
• Working knowledge of the broadcast domain, and especially of DVB, MPEG2, AVC, HEVC standards.
• Preferably a background in low-level optimization techniques and experience with high performance software systems.
• Willingness to independently and rapidly learn new subjects at the level of depth and rigor that is needed to progress development activities
• Experience of development methodologies such as Agile and willingness to prioritise development activities in accordance with commercial priorities. In addition to using project management tools