|Job Ref:||204524046||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£32500/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
Trainee Programmer - IBM RPG / OS/400 - Global Retailer|
£32,500 + Company Benefits Package
** Excellent career-development opportunity for a logical & technically minded candidate to join a global retailer **
As a Trainee Programmer you be involved in the development, maintenance and support of our Software Applications (mostly written in RPG on the IBM I-Series).4
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- undergo a steep learning curve
- learn the RPG programming language and OS/400 Operating System
- participate in the full project life cycle: elicit requirements, assess feasibility, design, write code, test, implement and support
-ultimately take ownership of complex systems
- ensure systems continue to aid the smooth running of the business
- keep up to date with retail and technological advancements related to our systems
- assist in other areas of IS as necessary.
Trainee Programmer Experience Required:
A logical mind and solid aptitude for programming are essential. The candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Attention to detail with good organisational skills and flexible attitude are required.
Prior programming experience would be beneficial.
> Ten or more GCSE's (with at least 7 grade A's, to include A's in Maths and Computing/ICT)
> Google Apps and Microsoft office skills are desirable.
Benefits on completion of 90 days probation:
> Executive membership for staff and 3 others
> £20,000 Life Insurance
> Pension Plan
> Employee assistance programme
> Optical benefit after 1 year employment
> Dental benefit after 2 years employment
> 20 days annual holidays
- Note that candidates will be required to sit an aptitude test before the interview stage -
Interested? Just Apply Below...
In 2005 we ripped up the rule book to deliver a recruitment agency experience that makes everyone feel just that little bit happier. By applying you consent to us processing & passing your application to our client for review for this vacancy only. If your skills match the role you will hear back from us within 2 business days. Good luck, Team RR