|Job Ref:||204526418||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldham||Address:||Post Code:||OL4||Salary:||£25000/annum £25k + Excellent benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Software Engineer - Graduate (Embedded)|
(C, Embedded C, .Net and/or Visual Studio)
At Innovative Technology we're a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We've over 300 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 120 based in our state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Greater Manchester.
New product Research & Development is primarily undertaken here in the UK, from data and material science, through to software, mechanical and electronic engineering. As a key member of the team you'll be involved in the full product lifecycle, putting you at the heart of the development journey.
As a result of our continued international growth and new product development, Innovative Technology is looking for passionate individuals to join our highly-successful, expanding team. If you're a visionary in your field and unafraid to challenge the status quo, you could be exactly what we need to fulfil our goal of revolutionising the cash handling industry.
At Innovative Technology we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it's great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You'll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we've modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
At Innovative Technology we've an exciting new opportunity for a graduate Software Engineer, with a demonstrable passion for embedded development, to design, develop and implement firmware and support software tools for our new and existing product range.
With design offices in Oldham, Barcelona and Milton Keynes, you'll collaborate throughout the product lifecycle with our creative Research & Development team consisting of Mechanical Design Engineers, Electronic Engineers and Scientists.
With a company ethos focussed on innovation, our track record in research and development is substantiated by our unique SPF™ Core Technology.
• Design and develop firmware/support software for new or existing products
• Develop firmware for real time microprocessor based products using C
• Develop reusable code libraries and support tools using Visual Basic/C
• Write test specifications and procedures for new or modified software
• Conduct feasibility studies on concept designs and product improvements
• Support the production team during the initial stages of new product build
• Take responsibility for the project lifecycle, regularly updating colleagues
• A recent or predicted 2:1 or above degree or equivalent, in Electronics, Systems and/or Software Engineering
Your Skills & Experience
• The ability to program in embedded C, .Net C and/or Visual (url removed) is required
• A genuine, long established passion for software development, which may be evidenced in personal projects and/or code club participation
• Some commercial experience or time in industry would be an advantage, as would programming in C++
• Some knowledge of HTML, PHP and MySQL would also be helpful
• Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware
Your Package & Perks
• A highly-competitive starting salary of £25,000, plus annual pay reviews
• Flexible working hours, to fit around personal commitments and give you time off when you'd like it most (with many of our team finishing at 2 o'clock on Fridays)
• Paid breaks, in our own state-of-the-art open-plan offices, with free hot premium drinks and subsidised soft drinks
• 24 days' holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance
• Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
• Private Healthcare Scheme available for you, and the option to add family members
• Free onsite modern gym, staff car workshop, Cycle to Work Scheme and an active social calendar
Keywords: C, Embedded C, C++ , VB6, Visual (url removed), Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, MySQL, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Programmer, Firmware Engineer, Firmware Developer, Firmware Programmer, Hardware, Application Software, graduate