|Job Ref:||204564047||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum car + bonus + pension + flex benefit||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
Scala/Spark/Hadoop Big Data Developers - Leeds|
Purpose of role
My client is a leading consulting firm. They are looking for Scala/Spark/Hadoop Big Data Developers to join their Analytics & Information Management (AIM) Practice, onsite for a number of big clients of theirs in Leeds.
We are seeking talented and passionate Big Data Developers with experience in Spark/Hadoop with a deep understanding of Object-Oriented design and extensive experience in Java, Big Data and Hadoop technologies.
We are looking for expertise in Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Pig and/or Hive with a focus on distributed, highly scalable and high performance computing. Ideally you will also have experience in Scala and Java and will have worked extensively in Cloud-based environments.
- Passion for writing good code
- Articulate the benefits of Big Data
- Hands-on Spark is essential
- Hands on experience with Hadoop ecosyste,: MapReduce, Pig, Hbase, Hive, JavaMR
- Data Modelling/KeySpace definition
- Consulting on Big Data (Email Removed) POC, implementation, delivery
- Data Visualisation skills
- Experience of working with Agile Methologies