|Job Ref:||204564238||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
Network Engineer - Blue coat / Solarwinds - DNS - IPAM - 6 months - Solihull - SC Cleared |
Are you an SC Cleared Network Specialist with strong IPAM experience? As part of their Global Connectivity DNS and IPAM management process, our client requires a subject matter expert to manage their customer's IP Address Space and DNS. If this is a good match for your skills and experience then please apply to brand new contract role based in Solihull for one of the world's largest global IT services companies.
As the IPAM and DNS Technical Expert you will vet and evaluate requests from 3rd parties, where the information is not held within the live data bases for IP address space / DNS changes.
You'll also manage overall IP address space - with an understanding of how the IP address space used within the estate has been allocated. This will include major changes that might need to be made to the data bases held within the DNSIP system. The role holder will understand and advise on changes to the DNS convention and liaise and advise the 1st /2nd line support team who look after the day to day user administration of the BlueCat system.
You will be the point of contact for the future IPv6 design and how the Bluecat system can accommodate the customers IPv6 requirements and be responsible for planning/ designing any expansion requirements of the DNS and IPAM system.
You will ideally have the following skillset:
* Understand and experience of design DNS and IP structures including subnets.
* Understanding of network infrastructure including switch and firewall configuration.
* Security clearance minimum of SC.
* Practical 'hands-on' skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to liaise effectively with customer personnel.
* Knowledge of design for in MoD / Defence world.
* Be flexible in their availability to provide the necessary support as it may be required to provide, on an 'on-call' basis, delivering planned support during evenings, nights, weekends.
Highly desirable but non-essential would be hands on experience with DNS and IP tools especially Bluecat experience working in a '2nd' or '3rd' line support group or knowledge of EMC Support tool, EMC Smarts, EMC NCM
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (Apply online only)) or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy