|Job Ref:||204564511||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Middlesbrough||Address:||Post Code:||TS3||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
QA Engineer / Software Tester|
Salary up to £35k depending on experience
Based in Middlesbrough
We're working with a tech company in Middlesbrough looking for a QA Engineer / Software Tester, they have an exciting and disruptive business having developed a unique software-as-a-service product that allows retailers and marketers to efficiently and creatively manage their website media without the need for complex, third party and costly IT development. In this way, they are dramatically re-engineering the economics and quality of online merchandising and marketing.
The product allows retailers to run sales and marketing campaigns consistently over any device or channel, thereby increasing the quality and reach of each campaign. By having the ability to control and update the media in their digital channels, retailers and marketers can increase the frequency of campaigns. The product therefore increases both the quality and frequency of product marketing campaigns, increasing digital channel sales.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a QA Engineer / Software Tester to join this growing team and would particularly love you to apply if you:
* Have a strong understanding of testing throughout the whole development cycle
* Know when to automate and when to not
* Can build and configure modern build process (Gulp / Grunt / Sass / Less)
* Have tested web apps built on frameworks like AngularJS, NA, React (or similar)
* Have built QA tools or services using scripts or NA
* Are principled about technology and have opinions about QA processes and tools
* Believe automated testing is important and that code should be well tested
* Love problem solving & root cause analysis
* Want to find the root cause but know when to stop
* Understand how and have experienced how QA fits in to Agile / Lean teams
* Thorough understanding of TDD
* Make requirements clear by detailed acceptance criteria and use of BDD
QA Engineer / Software Tester Skills /Requirements:
* 3 - 5 years experience as a QA Engineer / Software Tester
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and concepts of web-based software development
* Must poses hands on experience of iterative software delivery e.g. Lean, Agile, DSDM and Scrum
* Technical background with possibly a degree in a science/computer-science related field
* Have an appreciation of API first development and how presentation layer is separated from functionality.
* Understanding of RestFUL services.
* Able to extract client requirements from product stories to create test plans and gap analysis
* SQL experience for verifying or tracking down issues
If you are interested in the advertised QA Engineer / Software Tester position please apply through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT