|Job Ref:||204564748||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||NP20 4UR||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £37000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
DevOps Engineer - circa £37,000 + Bonus & Benefits|
Liga Recruitment are pleased to bring a very interesting DevOps opportunity with a very well-established global company based in the Newport area of South Wales.
Seeking a real team player with excellent communicator with an analytical mind-set and strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the ability to turn their hand to lots of things, learn new skills and adapt to change and varying priorities.
Joining the Automation Testing and Development team, you will play a key role in the research development into innovative automation of development and test processes to support Functional and feature requirements, develop automated POC's for functional and regression testing of multiplatform software, troubleshoot and improve Infrastructure and process issues.
• Spot automation opportunities to assist R&D teams in the implementation and testing of new product features.
• Find cost effective automation solutions to existing manual tests
• Creation and maintenance of Test data e.g. Streams and OTT data generation scripts.
• Assist in the definition of the testing procedures, tools to produce and accompanying documentation.
• Automation and maintenance of test processes and scripts.
• Maintain and configure development and test environments.
• Support engineers to use new and existing infrastructure.
• Participate in the evaluation of development and testing tools and facilities,
• Monitor, test and trouble shoot Lab infrastructure and automated processes and liaise with other engineering teams on efficient defect resolution
• Capture, record and update defect and fix stream and network issues
• Defining estimates of effort, project dependencies, risks and issues.
Skills and experience required;
• Experience and proven exposure to development and Test Environments, particularly testing client-server applications and automation or head end services.
• Good understanding of OO programming methodologies
• Practical experience of web application development
• Media application testing for Android, iOS, Mac or PC.
• Experience of Scripting (Perl, Korn, Bash, PHP)
• Experience with of automation and Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins or Bamboo
• Automated unit and automated test tools - Cucumber, Junit, or gTest
• Development and Test management tools (TestLink, VersionOne)
• Agile / Bug management tools (Jira, Confluence, VersionOne)
• CDN deployments, VM's, Servers and SANS.
• Source Control Management (Perforce)
• Linux - RedHat, Ubunto, CentOS
• Testing methodologies - Scrum, Agile, Lean, TDD, BDD
• TCP/IP networks and network traffic analysis, HTTP/HTTPS and HLS
• Personal interest in technology, building PC's, systems, networks, streaming videos etc
• Automation of API testing
• iOS App store, Chrome Store or Android Play Store
• VB Scripting for Microsoft products e.g excel
DevOps, Automation, Testing, Software, Infrastructure