|Job Ref:||204564902||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£NEG competitive||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
Software Development Manager (Agile, .NET) Glasgow £60k|
A leading technology company based in Glasgow are looking to add an experienced Development Manager to their leadership team. They develop using Microsoft .Net technologies so a background in this area would be highly advantageous. One of the major projects of the business is to implement AGILE/SCRUM methodologies so again, it would be a real bonus to find someone comfortable in this type of development environment.
As Development Manager you will report into the IT Director and be responsible for leading, inspiring, motivating and line managing a multi-discipline software development team.
Providing guidance for a team of software developers, you will demonstrate experience leading a team in an Agile software development environment ensuring best practice software development, including code management and excellent coding development principles. You will build a delivery with high quality culture that is accountability and results orientated; you will do this by implementing new standards and processes within the team to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrable experience of leading an application software development function; being involved in stages of planning, construction, testing reviews and demonstrations
- Good understanding of C# and .Net framework; OO skills and concepts
- Ensure software development best practices including testable software, continuous integration, design patterns, architectural principles, SCRUM and SOLID design principles
- Act as an expert source of technology and application knowledge; whilst maintaining an active interest in new application development techniques
- Collaborate with clients, subject matter experts, product managers, architects and analysts to develop and review requirements and designs
- Provide performance management and coaching to help team members grow their product, technical knowledge and skills; creating a continuous improvement culture
It is important that the successful candidate understands that in addition to the technical aspect to this role, as a manager of the development team, you will also undertake duties such as coaching, setting and reviewing objectives, appraisals and ensuring effective performance management.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and fantastic career progression in a growing business - if you are interested please submit a current CV as soon as possible and for more information please contact Ross Baron on (Apply online only)