|Job Ref:||204565422||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||NP20 4UR||Address:||Salary:||£39000 - £41000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Senior Test Engineer - circa £41,000 + Bonus & Benefits|
Experienced Testing professional is required to join the Test Automation team, as a Senior Test Engineer, within a global company based in the Newport area.
You will possess a real interest and passion for technology, who is keen to keep up with new development and testing techniques and strives to find better ways to achieve successful delivery of tasks. You must be a team player, with strong communication skills, both verbal and written being essential, to ensure you and the team deliver to agreed timeframes.
As a Senior Test Engineer you will be required to develop automated tests for the purpose of functional and regression test for multiplatform software, research and development of innovative automation of development and test processes to support functional and feature requirements being implemented, trouble shoot infrastructure and process issues, provide clear documentations and train/mentor fellow engineers in new processes.
• Spot automation opportunities to assist R&D teams in the implementation and testing of new product features.
• Automation and maintenance of test processes and scripts.
• Assist in the definition of the testing procedures, tools to produce and accompanying documentation.
• Maintain and configure development and test environments.
• Create and communicate reports and statistics for the Scrum Teams and Management
• Liaise with other engineering teams on efficient defect resolution
Required skills and experience;
• Commercial experience within agile development and test environments, particularly in testing client-server applications and automation or head end services
• Media application testing for either Android, iOS, Mac or PC.
• Scripting, e.g. Perl, Korn, Bash, PHP.
• Automation and Continuous Integration tools e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo.
• Automated unit and automated test tool e.g. Cucumber, Junit, gTest.
• Development and test management tools e.g. TestLink, VersionOne.
• Source Control Management e.g. Perforce.
• Linux e.g. RedHat, Ubunto, CentOS.
• Agile / Bug management tools (Jira, Confluence, VersionOne).
• Experience of testing methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Lean, TDD, BDD)
• Understanding f OO programming methodologies.
• Web application development.
• Experience of IDEs such as Visual Studio, XCode, Android Studio and Eclipse.
• Experience in automation of API testing.
• Deployment to: iOS App store, Chrome Store or Android Play Store.
• Some understanding of Media Streaming, headend services and DRM.
• VB Scripting for Microsoft products e.g Excel.
• Experience with at least 1 of the following: CDN deployments, VM's, Servers and SANS.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networks and network traffic analysis, HTTP/HTTPS and HLS.
Testing, Automated Testing, Test Engineer, Software Testing