|Job Ref:||204565632||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£250 - £300/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a 12 month contract opportunity for an SQL / Unix Analyst to join their Application Development department.|
Key Responsibilities of the SQL / Unix Analyst
* Involve analysis and development activity in support of the business intelligence environment. Primarily the role will be to work as a support analyst working with key business users to identify system and data issues as well as small development tasks.
* Strong communication and problem solving skills as well as high attention to detail.
* On a day-to-day basis this person will work alongside other local IT staff as well other internal IT teams across the world to maintain the current solution.
* Work alongside the local team on a migration path for some of the components as well as set up sustainable support scripts to aid customers to trap data issues and permanently resolve.
* Work as part of a team taking direction from our Project Manager and Technical leads as well as development peers and be required to follow departmental ITSM processes for Change Management.
Qualifications and Experience required for the SQL / Unix Analyst role
* Proven experience of dealing with business issues and problem solving
* Ability to understand and diagnose issues with complex SQL routines
* Ability to understand and diagnose issues in Cognos objects would be desirable but full training will be given on the bespoke nature of the application in use
* Working with large quantities of data
* Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
* Familiarity with SOx processes and disciplines within a finance sector application
Key Competencies of the SQL / Unix Analyst
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong attention to detail
* Problem solving and analysis
* Ability to learn quickly and independently
* Interpersonal skills
* Technical skills:
* UNIX; use of shell scripts and commands, basic knowledge of UNIX environment and how users, storage and processes are administered.
* SQL; ability to read and write SQL DDL and DML. Main dialects used are Progress, DB2 and Oracle but no specific product knowledge is expected.
* Database Administration; basic knowledge of relational database components and their administration. Ideally some experience in DB2 LUW (UNIX) administration.
* Cognos 10 BI; ideally experience of using and developing on the platform, although skill in any BI tool is beneficial. Full training will be given for the bespoke environment being supported
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately