|Job Ref:||204565870||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dunstable||Address:||Post Code:||LU6||Salary:||£23000 - £28000/annum Competitive salary + benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
Junior Software Developer|
Sopra Banking Software is recruiting for a Junior Software Developer to work on our UK based Platform product. As a Junior Software Developer you will join our specialist team working on specific client software requirements operating out of our Dunstable office. Working as a Junior Software Developer you will be a multi-faceted consultant, specialising in Finance as well as in IT.
After initial training on the Banking Software and the Banking Industry, the Junior Software Developer will be responsible for:
- Performing functional and technical analysis;
- Working on the development and implementation of our "Sopra Banking Suite" software;
- Developing software code in accordance with customer requirements in conjunction with the software design team
- Defining, planning and implementing test scripts
- Supporting customer implementations and upgrades
- Learning about the banking and finance industry.
You will be working in a dynamic environment with a team of highly skilled designers and developers based in Dunstable, and work closely with our colleagues in Sheffield, Durham, India, Belgium and France.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Clearly defined growth possibilities on multiple national and international projects;
- Sopra Banking University training available throughout your career;
- There will be an initial training period when you will be required to travel to Brussels office.
- Further secondment opportunities to our sites in UK, Brussels, France or Luxembourg to support other customer projects will be made available as part of your personal development;
- Attractive financial package including a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree educated as a minimum
- Masters degree is highly desirable;
- Be able to apply good logic and problem solve
- Experience of working within a commercial environment for a maximum of two years;
- Flexibility on working hours and location as travel to Brussels will be required during initial training and thereafter for project commitments.
After a period of training, successful applicants may be required to work flexible hours and provide out of hours support.
The skills you will need are:
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with customers;
- The ability to deal with and propose solutions to complex problems;
- Positive attitude to trying out different things and offering innovative solutions;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage own workload;
As part of this role you will be required to attend a 3 week training program on our Platform product which will be held in Brussels. All expenses paid.
Sopra Banking Software offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field - thinking ahead begins now. We are committed to helping you grow and share your expertise while developing a diverse and esteemed network of colleagues.
You'll also enjoy a competitive salary, pension scheme, and excellent benefits package.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
So what are you waiting for? Come and join our team and take your career to the next level