|Job Ref:||204566120||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Munich||Address:||Salary:||£590 - £680/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
Migration-Engineering Architect / Munich / Contract|
Role: Migration-Engineering Architect
Rate: €(Apply online only)pd (dependent on experience)
Length: 3 months +
A Global organisation which is one of the largest general insurers in the UK. Also one of the leading integrated financial services providers worldwide and the largest property & casualty insurers in the world.
* Engagement with the group's business which are currently utilizing their own Data Centre's to provide their IT services.
* Should have a broad range of skills across many technical areas, including networking, compute infrastructure, storage technologies, DR, migration, applications and data centre services (ideally expert in two).
* Ability to manage customer expectations and liaise with SME for guidance where necessary.
* Experienced with private, public or hybrid cloud.
* Ability to engage in all stages of the project life cycle from requirements through design, implementation, and into support.
* Experienced in capturing technical requirements, defines technology solutions, and creating the conceptual, logical, and physical designs of the solution.
* Serves as technology expert on delivering server, desktop, storage services, local area networks, wide area networks, data centres, including mainframes, large server configurations
* Provides guidance and participates in design reviews and validates technology approach and associated work products
* Provides technical and project and programme leadership on Information Technology infrastructure engagements.
* Ability to drive the delivery of solution design to meet technical, quality, and financial standards in line with technical blueprints and strategies.
* Experience as a VMware/virtualization architect (ideally)
* Experience in automation and orchestration technologies (e.g. MBC bladelogic, VMware vCloud Director, Opsware, Chef, etc.)
* Experience of both migration and multi-discipline technologies
* Experience in Project Management
* Bachelor/Master of Information Technology or Engineering/Natural/Applied Sciences or relevant industry experience
* Good knowledge of ITIL v3
* Broad technical knowledge in infrastructure areas - WAN / LAN / MPLS / VPN, Virtualization / VMWARE / XEN, Storage / SAN / NAS / Archiving, MS Exchange / SharePoint, IBM Mainframe / Midrange platforms / Storage & Backup Technologies, expert in two disciplines.
*Knowledge of technology trends and best practice
* Project Management
* English fluency both written and orally
* Ability to work within complex global project with many stakeholders involved
* Ability to remain calm and courteous in periods of stress
* Ability to work on several work streams simultaneously
* Ability to work with broad range of experience levels
* Experienced with third party suppliers and driving completion of work products
* Organized/strong administrative skills
* Ability to organize staff and supervise workload for maximum efficiency
Please apply with your CV to