|Job Ref:||204566247||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Bracknell||Address:||Post Code:||RG12||Salary:||£25000/annum + Bonus + Bens||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
1st Line Support|
Bracknell - free parking and close to main transport links
£25k + Package
The 1st Line Service Desk Technician's role is to ensure computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and helpdesk request tracking tools, working with local and remote users, providing support at the desktop level.
* Field incoming helpdesk requests from end users via both the helpdesk system and telephone in a courteous manner.
* Providing practical hands-on support to users to ensure that technical faults and/or requests are professionally responded to.
* Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
* Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician.
* Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
* Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
* Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
* Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organisation.
* Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
* Perform post-resolution follow-ups to helpdesk requests.
* Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
* Perform activities in a productive, timely and effective manner.
Strategy & Planning
Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
* Previous experience of working on a help desk/1st line support role
* Knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft products (OS, Office - Outlook in particular).
* Knowledge and experience of using Active Directory on a daily basis
* Sufficient networking knowledge and experience to perform troubleshooting to diagnose, document and resolve networking related issues and be able to draw on examples to evidence this.
* Strong ability to learn and show initiative in order to provide value added solutions to business users and be able to draw on examples to evidence this.
* Strong desire and ability to identify and assist in providing root cause resolution to recurring issues and be able to draw on examples to evidence this.
* Comfortable dealing with end users both in person and remotely (on phone or remote support tools).
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
* Knowledge and experience of supporting VMWare virtual desktops
* Knowledge and experience of using backup software and media management (ideally Symantec tools).
* Understanding of computer hardware in order to diagnose, document and resolve hardware related issues