|Job Ref:||204566523||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:36|
Software Project Manager - Space Division - £45K|
A major software solutions company who develop specialist software for the Space industry requires a Project Manager to provide direction and commercial leadership. They are looking for an ambitious, innovative and results driven Project Manager with a proven track record. This position will appeal to a person looking for a dynamic role on a broad range of projects and who wishes to share best practices within our project management community.
Key responsibilities are:
* To manage a project including people, equipment, facilities and subcontractors from initiation to close, to ensure that the project produces the required deliverables, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
* Contribute to estimation and contract or change control negotiations, as required, as well as identifying the skills, resources and tools needed for the project.
* Allocate tasks and roles to the project team with clear expectations in terms of outputs, schedule and effort whilst ensuring the team remain motivated for the work.
* Liaise with the customer regularly to ensure that their expectations are fulfilled or managed.
* Liaise with the Operations Manager to highlight any risks and to regularly discuss progress, alerting any exceptions and issues requiring action.
* Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary.
* Creation and maintenance of the project plan, as well as management and reporting documentation.
* Manage all software licenses and intellectual property rights within the project.
* Proven experience in the management of bespoke software development projects in a technical domain
* Demonstrating ownership for the management of both schedule and cost covering budget and risk mitigation strategies
* Proven project management skills covering planning, monitoring and control, change management and delivery.
* Experience of managing the whole software development lifecycle (specification, design, development, integration, testing, delivery and maintenance)
* Experience of managing concurrent projects and using different methodologies or price types (e.g. waterfall vs agile, firm fix price vs time & materials)
* The ability to facilitate and improve process improvement through leadership and ownership.
* Customer relationship management.
* Team player and team leader
The following would be an advantage:
* Experience of managing as a prime a subcontractor or consortium of subcontractors
* Experience of interfacing with prime and sub-contractors
* Experience of managing contracts with customers or partners in Europe
* A recognised Project Management Qualification
* Exposure to contractual issues (e.g. review of contracts, contract change)
* Understanding of software licenses and Intellectual Property Rights
* Bid Management experience
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now