|Job Ref:||204566707||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kettering||Address:||Post Code:||NN16||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
MongoDB Database Administration Role - Kettering Area, Training + 10% Bonus |
A successful international organisation based near Kettering are looking for a MongoDB to join their enterprise solutions department. You will join the small but comprehensive database administration team and will be the first database administrator with the title MongoDB Database Administrator within the entire organisation as a whole.
The organisations recent investment in MongoDB technologies have driven the need for this role. As the first MongoDB within the business you will transfer some of your skills and knowledge to the rest of the database administration team. In return you will get training in MS SQL Server database administration after 6 months and will get continuous development options in the future.
The role will primarily be a hands on technical DBA position with you being responsible for the performance tuning, implementation and optimisation of the MongoDB platform.
Your main duties will include:
- Being responsible for the database management systems support on a 24x7 basis
- Providing problem and incident response support for global database systems
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and delivering solutions to escalations
Within this role you will:
- Work closely within a small team of technical experts as well as within a wider department that services internal customers on an international scale
- Undertake training to establish your Microsoft SQL DBA skills within a 6-month timeframe
- Transfer your knowledge of MongoDB to SQL DBAs
- Run small projects and contribute to other projects as and when required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years MongoDB DBA experience
- Some SQL DBA experience
- Exposure to data warehousing
- Experience with supporting internal and web facing databases
- Experience in operational activity including database optimisation, backup and recovery, trouble shooting and new implementations
The benefits package for this role includes 20 days' holiday which increases by 1 day per year, a 10% bonus scheme, 4% matched pension scheme, flexitime, the option for homeworking and massive discounts on a wide range of travel schemes and holiday rentals both nationally and internationally.
To find out more about this amazing opportunity then please contact Lee Perks on (Apply online only) or email me directly with an up to date CV to be considered for the role at
MongoDB, MongoDB Database Administration, SQL, SQL DBA, DBA, Database Administration, SQL Database Administration, Microsoft, Business Intelligence, RDMBS, DBMS,
MongoDB Database Administration Role - Kettering Area, Training + 10% Bonus
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website