|Job Ref:||204566732||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
Senior SQL DBA (Microsoft/SQL/DBA/SSIS) - Manchester £55,000|
An experienced SQL DBA is required to join a leading and technology-driven organisation in the Manchester area. You will hold a senior role within the IT department, taking ownership of the entire SQL Server estate and leading a team of 2 other database administrators (no previous leadership experience necessary). You will report into the infrastructure manager and work closely with various internal stakeholders including the software development and business intelligence teams to maintain the integrity of the organisations SQL Server database estate.
Within this role you will:
- Own the SQL database environment in its entirety
- Work with other senior IT professionals within the organisation to maintain best practices in terms of how data is utilised
- Work with infrastructure teams, software development teams, business intelligence teams and senior IT leaders
- Recommend new technologies and provide insight into technological changes within the IT market to keep the business competitive (think big data technologies i.e. MongoDB, NoSQL, Hadoop, MPP databases)
- Give hands-on technical management to 2 direct reports (no HR/personnel management)
You will have:
- 3+ years' experience in a SQL DBA role
- Knowledge of different SQL Server versions including SQL Server 2008, 2008r2, 2012
- Experience of mirroring databases in high availability environments
- Expertise in performance tuning, optimisation and troubleshooting database issues
- Expertise in backups and restores
- Experience in designing and implementing disaster recovery models
- A good general knowledge of how IT departments work and interact with each other
The benefits package for this role includes up to 30 days' holiday per annum, 5% contributory pension scheme, travel discounts, childcare vouchers, free onsite parking, subsidised canteen, casual dress codes, flexitime and homeworking.
The organisation prides themselves on utilising the latest technologies and providing their staff with the most up to date and modern working environments. There are 'dev pods' and social zones for workers to breakout which include pool tables and games consoles.
To hear more about this role please contact Lee Perks on (Apply online only), (Apply online only) or email with an up to date CV to be considered.
Database Administration, SQL Server, Microsoft, SQL DBA, DBA, SQL Development
Senior SQL DBA (Microsoft/SQL/DBA/SSIS) - Manchester £55,000
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website