|Job Ref:||204566983||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Middleton||Address:||Post Code:||NE70||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
Main function of Job
* To provide solutions that encompass the full software life cycle through systems architecture, design, development, integration and release.
* Development and maintenance of software and unit tests including peer review and configuration management of deliverables.
* To provide production support and ensure that capable production systems are available wherever practicable.
* Daily involvement with development peers, support staff and IT managemen.
* Internal customers, for the clarification of system requirements and exchange of information.
* Contact as necessary with sub-contractors and suppliers.
Collaboration with product owners, IT peers and team leads regarding the development of software applications and solutions.
* Provision of software related business cases, proposals and impact assessments.
* Investigation, provision of documentation, and verification of requirements and specifications.
* Adherence to and enforcement of the software development process, procedures, coding standards and agreed best practices.
* Development of software and unit tests for the implementation of specifications. Provision of peer review. To ensure maximum possible unit test coverage has been achieved for those projects not achieving 100% coverage.
* Diagnostic analysis of application problems. Assistance of other team members.
* Production of development estimates as part of the Scrum Process.
* Provision of regular progress updates to the team lead. Customer representative and business management team updates provided as required.
* Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines. Ability to assist other team members in this regard.
* Intent to maintain the integrity of the Company's systems, security, contracts, data and information. Investigation and proposed rectification of any deficiencies within their areas.
* Keep abreast of new technology, software development and information technology opportunities.
* Communicate professionally, constructively and with integrity. Capability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
* Commercial awareness, especially with respect to software development.
University education to degree level or Professional vendor certification
* C# & .NET Framework, SOLID design principles
* (url removed) MVC & (url removed) WebApi
* ORMs (e.g. EntityFramework, NHibernate and LinqToSQL)
* MSSQL Server
* Modern version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN, TFVC, Mercurial)
* Agile software development methodology experience, TDD, Scrum, etc
* Enthusiasm for creating new software
* Experienced, self-sufficient and with initiative with an ability to solve problems and work through solutions by themselves
* EpiServer CMS
* Entity Framework
* SASS / LESS
* Queue technology e.g. MSMQ
* DevOps, Continuous Integration and Release Management
Personal Qualities Required
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to convey ideas and abstract concepts with clarity.
* The ability to record and explain decision making.
* Strong interpersonal skills and good sense of humour.
* Highly logical mindset and methodical approach.
* Keen attention to detail focusing on quality of deliverables.
* Highly self motivated with the ability to prioritise and complete tasks.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to maintain integrity when representing the company at all levels.
* Some out of hours work may be required to meet project deadlines.
* Ability to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings