|Job Ref:||204567461||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
Our Client is a leading developer of digital document and printing software. They provide high-performance solutions to the graphic arts, commercial print and digital print markets and for knowledge worker and professional software applications, designed for exceptional usability to create, review, edit, share and archive PDF and XPS documents.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join the internal IT department which runs Windows (2012 R2 Servers/Active Directory) a varied collection of Unix (Solaris/Redhat), and Cisco based network devices. Working with products such as vSphere, Microsoft Dynamics, JIRA Confluence, Veeam, Mcafee.
The Role & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and passionate about technology and have experience of helpdesk support, maintenance of internal infrastructure systems, server maintenance and project work, with a strong working knowledge of virtualised environments and storage systems. Depending on projects and tasks, you will be required to be available for queries out of office hours. In addition, as part of this role, you will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
* Handle escalated calls from the IT helpdesk.
* Take ownership of all aspects of core corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, firewalls and Microsoft Exchange.
* Administer the VMware vSphere 5.5+ infrastructure and Netapp SANs.
* Monitor and troubleshoot the server and network performance monitoring system and ensure any necessary action is taken.
* Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes.
* Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
* Assist in the research, planning and implementation of infrastructure upgrades and replacement solutions with particular emphasis on emerging cloud technologies.
* Support project teams when required and take ownership as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and Group Policy.
* Networking expertise - TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs.
* Experience with Microsoft Azure/hybrid infrastructure deployments and SSO.
* Administrative skills with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Apply online only)).
* A good working knowledge of Linux and Macintosh desktop OS deployments in a corporate environment, especially at the command line.
* 5+ years' working knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.5+.
* 5+ years' experience with SANs/NAS, especially NetApp.
* Experience with Microsoft desktop OSs (Windows 7, 8, 10).
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical users to understand complex technical issues and IT system bugs. Identify creative solutions and solve problems using experience.
* Demonstrate both confidence and diplomacy in presenting contentious issues both inside the team and to management. Explore a range of possibilities and achieve acceptable compromises.
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
* Working knowledge of a scripting language, Powershell or Python preferred.
* Networking: ASA Firewalls, VPNs.
* Experience with videoconferencing and teleconferencing.
* Occasional travel to other sites as required to support infrastructure and users.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent Vacancy