|Job Ref:||204568116||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury St. Edmunds||Address:||Post Code:||IP28||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
PURPOSE OF JOB|
Liaise with key stakeholders to elicit, analyse, document, communicate and validate customer requirements in order to specify, configure and demonstrate solutions based on Microsoft technologies platforms.
Work with the 'development' team to validate the technical and interface design, supporting and configuring solutions throughout the project lifecycle
Work proactively with customers to identify opportunities for the Company to deliver increased business benefit with existing and new solutions.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Gather and manage requirements and undertake business and systems process analysis to understand the customer's requirements;
* Document solutions in the form of impact analysis, story cards, technical functional specifications or other documentation as required;
* Facilitate collaboration across the project team to ensure the impact of any solution is fully considered and addressed;
* Liaise closely with the customer to ensure proposed solutions are fully understood and signed off where appropriate;
* Deliver, set-up and provide user familiarisation, demonstrations, technical training and support for product implementations as appropriate;
* Push boundaries on customer's requirements and industry standards in provisioning a solution;
* Participate in project planning, team meetings, reviews, release planning, demonstrations and other meetings as required;
* Produce quality products to specification, time and budget;
* Work proactively with the Product Manager and the customer to identify opportunities for the Company to propose enhancements and new solutions to more effectively meet business demands;
* Lead customer meetings and workshops.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Strong knowledge of Police operational processes
* Strong knowledge of Police IT Systems;
* Must be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
* Excellent working knowledge of analysis and design techniques.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Previous experience of understanding complex business processes within UK Policing environments and of instigating business process improvement;
Ability to quickly assimilate business knowledge in the form of user requirement specifications;
Excellent analytical skills; the ability to view a problem from different angles, to formulate recommendations and to support any chosen solution with a reasoned and persuasive argument;
* Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills; the ability to facilitate meetings and provide demonstrations, explain complex business problems to a wide audience and demonstrable experience of writing functional specifications;
* Organised, methodical and logical approach to work is essential;
Diligent and analytical;
* Excellent client facing skills and customer focussed;
Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined; able to manage own time, prioritise requirements and multi-task;
Pragmatic and of sound judgement, commercial acumen and common sense;
* Ability to adapt to different software development methodologies adopted by different teams;
Clear, concise and articulate presentation;
A logical but creative thinker, with the ability to interpret this to practical solutions;
* Team oriented with a 'can do' attitude;
This position is based at Bury St Edmunds. It is likely that there will be frequent occasions where it is necessary to work additional hours to meet customer deadlines.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us