|Job Ref:||204568153||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Malvern||Address:||Post Code:||WR14||Salary:||£22000 - £30000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
IT Jobs - Software Test Engineer - £22 - 30k, Malvern |
Are you looking join a highly skilled team? Do you want to work for a company where your opinion is encouraged and valued?
My client are currently looking for a Software Tester with strong communication and analytical skills working out of their Malvern office.
Working within their fresh and agile development team on multiple and varied projects in a culture that encourages creativity, fun, and new ideas from all employees. You will be assisting Software Engineers to test new and existing software, and problem solve integration issues. The company itself is long established within the scientific technology market and has an international presence. With their outstanding reputation for providing high end, bespoke solutions, the successful candidate would have a genuine opportunity to work with some of the most innovative products in the market.
* To provide the software and embedded software test specifications, test cases and test automation suites necessary to provide robust and reliable software.
* To work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives. Estimate tasks, write test schedules, write and execute story tests. Automate new functional tests cases and run automated regression tests.
* To ensure that the testing follows laid down Codes of Practice, software procedures and project life cycle methodologies following ISO9000 and TickIT standards.
* To participate in the development of products as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and to work within project timescales, providing progress indication and task estimates as necessary.
* To contribute to software testing standards and policies under the direction of the Lead Software Test Engineer and NPI Engineering Manager Software.
* To gain domain knowledge and understanding
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER:
* Qualified to degree standard in a computing, science, engineering or mathematics subject or have equivalent experience.
* Must have at least one A level or equivalent in a science or mathematics subject.
* An International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) qualification or similar is desirable.
Skills & Experience
* Must have experience of Microsoft Office and have a general understanding and use of PCs and applications.
* Previous experience of Windows desktop application testing would be a strong advantage but training will be provided.
* Windows programming in C#, Visual Basic, C++ or any scripting language using object-oriented methodologies would be an advantage.
* Understanding of software design methodologies, notably Agile and Scrum software design principles, ISO9000 and TickIt Standards would be useful.
* Cooperation and Team Working
* Expertise and Professionalism
* Problem Solving / Analysis
Based in Malvern this opportunity is commutable from Worcester, Pershore, Evesham, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Hereford, Ledbury, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Droitwich and Redditch. Offering salary of between £22 - 30,000 dependent on experience