|Job Ref:||204568614||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Salary:||£22700 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:35|
Analyst - Migration Engineer|
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford (with travel throughout Essex, as required)
Salary: £22,700 - £29,000
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Essex County Council prides itself on being an innovative, forward-thinking and progressive organisation. As one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK we are currently undergoing significant transformational change to further enhance customer focus, service delivery and to deliver significant efficiencies.
Technology is recognised as being strategically critical to this journey and Information Services (IS) have a key role in its successful delivery.
The IS Analyst will deliver specific service requests, primarily supporting the end user device migration to Microsoft Office 2013, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10. In addition, the Analyst will provide 2nd and 3rd line end-user I.T support both via telephone and face to face, ensuring that customers receive a high level of service at all times, issues are resolved effectively and customers are kept fully informed of progress.
As an Analyst you will identify, understand and interpret customer requirements, ensuring that the appropriate route for resolution is provided and that team targets are met whilst customers are kept informed on the progress of their request. You will own and manage customers' requests through to resolution or delivery, or work closely with colleagues to pass requests on for resolution by staff with the appropriate skill set.
The successful candidate can demonstrate the following qualifications and experience;
* Experience of delivering a face-to-face service to users, including the migration of users from one device to another
* Experience of working in an ITIL environment
* Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area, or equivalent by experience
* Ability to be proactive, share expertise and lead and support others in the team
* Excellent problem solving, logic and reasoning skills
* Technical proficiency in System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
* Experience of working with Microsoft Exchange/Microsoft Lync
* Experience of working with Office 365
* Experience of working with a variety of platforms (desktop, laptop, tablet) on a variety of OS's (Windows 7, 8.1, 10)
* Background in BES and Blackberry configuration will be advantageous
* Advanced MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel
* You will be required to be independently mobile throughout Essex
The Selection Process
Candidates are invited to apply via the online portal with a CV and supporting statement, before the closing date of 15/09/16. Applications will be assessed based on the quality of your written application as well as the criteria listed above.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview with a panel of 2 at County Hall, Chelmsford.
If you have any queries in relation to this role, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on (Apply online only), quoting job reference 7772.
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
* Local Government Pension Scheme (ECC will contribute 14.1% to your Pension Scheme)
* A competitive salary and generous benefits package
* A flexible approach to working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance
* A clear career path. Recognising your talent in the team. Encouraging committed individuals to grow with the opportunity for progression and promotion.
* Generous leave, plus opportunity to purchase additional days
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Extensive discounts across supermarkets, travel companies, general retail & more
* Childcare Vouchers
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us