|Job Ref:||203424212||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Daventry||Address:||Post Code:||NN11||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
Our client who design, manufacture and install Curtain walling and Glazing are looking to recruit a Draughtsperson based at their offices in the Northants region. Our client are also considering opening a new office in the West Midlands region and will be interested in candidates living in this region also.|
Duties of the position;
•Attend internal handover meetings, and fully understand the BES scope of works.• Review Architectural, Structural Engineers & other Sub Contractors drawings and
prepare detailed drawings (as set out by the Design Manager).
• Work to program as set out by the Contract Director & Design Manager.
• Work closely with the Design Manager to ensure that details shown on
drawings are practical and can be installed.
• To advise the Design Manager of delays to programs due to lack of information
from the Architects/Main Contractor and to advise of variations arising during the
• Attend Design Team Meetings to progress our detailed drawings, working closely
with Architects, Main Contractors and other Sub Contractors.
• Download & Upload drawings from drawing Web based Portals.
• Maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing project related documents such as
submissions and approvals.
• Working with the Design Manager, ensure all drawings are compliant with
project specification; meet the relevant British Standards, European Standards
Building Regulations and legal regulations such as DDA and CDM.
• Issue Approval / Construction Issue drawings to the Design Manager for review
before issued to clients and to BES production.
• Produce pressed metal, panel and bracket drawings to a standard that they can be
issued to suppliers for ordering.
• Use Schucal (or similar) software as and when required. Training will be given.
• Ensure As Built drawings are done and are available to the Contracts
Manager/Director to issue in time with the Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
• Manage your own time to ensure the above is produced in a timely manner to
meet the Project specific Program.
The ideal candidate will have relevant Curtain walling experience and are proficient in Autocad. It would be preferable if you are familiar with the Schucal software.
Salaries are dependent upon level of relevant experience