|Job Ref:||203647810||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£80000/annum + Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the industry's most vibrant and exciting company's. Based on 2015 revenue's the business is a true market leader in commercial real estate services and investment, operating on a global basis.|
As a result of an ever increasing client portfolio the business is actively looking to recruit a Head of Projects within the Building Fabric and Interior Fit Out Business Unit. The position will report directly to the Business Unit Director.
You will need to demonstrate a clear career history within the Building Fabric and Interior Fit Out sectors. The purpose of this role is to manage a team of experienced project managers, having overall responsibility for project delivery, sales/service delivery and profit & loss on a £30 mill per annum revenue stream.
• Minimum of 5 years experience within a similar Managerial role
• Be able to demonstrate delivery of multiple Projects/Packages running concurrently alongside each other
• General knowledge of Contract Law, Administration, Account Development and Submission
• Must be process driven with excellent man management skills
• Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office software
• Prince 2
• ONC/HNC or Equivalent in Building/Technical Services
• Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities and in delivering contractual commitments on secured projects.
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of projects are exploited to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
• To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible.
• To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
• Ensure compliance, policies and procedures are controlled and carried out.
• Ensure company health and safety policy and processes are effectively implemented across both the subcontractors activities and are regularly reviewed on each and every project. This will include the timely delivery of a Health and Safety file for the works and full compliance with CDM regulations.
• To build strong relationships with subcontractors, in particular preferred suppliers, to ensure cost effective solutions which meet our quality expectations and can be delivered to our clients whilst managing the risk and ensuring back to back terms and conditions.
• Working with other operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Development of project financial plans for revenue and profit delivery.
• Ensure positive cash flow through the agreement of a relevant payment schedule and the submission of timely invoices/applications of payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days.
• Manage the delivery of projects within agreed budget requirements with the target to maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of subcontractor services.
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts and the clients site teams/managers to identify and win project opportunities.
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of the client
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
If you are an experienced Senior Project/Contracts Manager looking for the next step in your career then this could be the opportunity for you.
If you would like further details regarding this position or alternatively like to submit your application, please contact David Mead on (Apply online only) or alternatively email as directed