|Job Ref:||EMP374102||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Salary:||£50,000 - £60,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
RF Design Team Leader – Microwave Comms This is an immediate requirement for a RF Lead Engineer or RF Team Leader with experience of working on communication devices using microwave frequencies.|
RF, Microwave, Team Leadership
A great opportunity has arisen for a RF Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Bradford area. This Lead Engineer role will be working on a brand new RF filter product being developed for the space / satellite markets.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this RF Design Lead role
- To be responsible for detailed RF/Microwave hardware circuit level design
- Management of new and existing hardware products.
- Effective leadership of a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Coordinating all aspects of the project to meet technical, schedule and design to cost goals
- Performing technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications, evaluate customer specifications and support cost/technical proposal generation
- Performing as the technical point of contact for customers
Requirements for this RF Design Lead role
- The successful candidate will be an accomplished RF engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of complex RF microwave filters and sub-systems used within the Defence, Communications, Avionics, Aerospace, Space or Satellite Industry.
- Strong capability in the preparation of detailed technical proposals for customer projects and funded R&D
- Effectiveness in project management through resource planning, personnel oversight and cost/schedule tracking
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and from diverse technical backgrounds
- Ability to provide leadership to small groups or teams and guidance to less experienced staff members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills through the preparation and presentation of design reviews, proposals and program status.
- Understanding of RF and microwave techniques required for the design and implementation of transceivers, filters, oscillators/synthesisers, amplitude and frequency measurement from system calculations to detailed circuit implementation.
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving baseline level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.