|Job Ref:||EMP374067||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Marine||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotstoun||Address:||Salary:||£32/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Senior Engineer – Power & Propulsion – Scotstoun, Glasgow – 6 Months - £32.00 p/hr. LTD|
Previous experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
Purpose of Role:
• To undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
• Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
• Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
• Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
• Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
• Act as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
• Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
• Liaise between the System Engineering and core Power & Propulsion Design teams, to ensure that the functional model accurately reflects the design, and has sufficient definition to describe fully the functional requirements for the Power & Propulsion Management System (PPMS).
• Ensure that functional modelling activities support development of the integrated design solution.
• Support the Functional Safety Assessment of the Power & Propulsion system, which is being undertaken in conjunction with the Functional Model.
• Report progress with development of the model to the Engineering Manager, P&P Functional Integration, escalating any issues that may impact delivery.
• Knowledge of the design of Marine Power & Propulsion Systems, and in Systems Engineering, preferably with experience of functional modelling.
• Understanding of transversal factors influencing warship P&P design including underwater radiated noise, shock, survivability, operability, reliability, availability, human factors, design for support etc. will be required.
• Knowledge of warship design to make sound and justifiable decisions, and to perform robust and methodical analysis of engineering issues and possess the judgement to recommend preferred solutions.
• Previous experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
• Previous working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues.
• Typically degree qualified, or equivalent, in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
• Able to meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
• The role will be expected to employ company computer aided design tools to conduct and manage the engineering, which includes but is not limited to following:
i) Microsoft Office – document creation for reports, spread sheets and presentations.
ii) WINDCHILL – Engineering Data Management.