Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us.|
To help achieve our ambition we are currently looking to recruit a Head of Procurement to join our journey forming part of our Global Procurement team based in the UK. Working from our Glasgow office you will be responsible for the Optronics Category in the UK managing a team of 3. In addition you will also drive a global sourcing strategy for Optronics working with Procurement teams in France.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a valued Procurement function that is at the heart of transforming our business and is recognised for helping to drive innovation across a number of markets including; Space, Transportation, E-Security, Defence and Aviation.
Thales can offer you an autonomy, excitement and variation working on leading edge projects that change our world. You will be supported by investment in continuous improvement methods, training and development and a structured career path.
Skills and Experience
- Lead, manage and inspire the staff placed under his/her responsibility, setting objectives, motivating and developing high performing teams, and ensuring collective and individual responsibilities, authorities and efficiencies.
- Deliver the supply chain element of major bids and projects in the context of business core/non core activities.
- Ensure the achievement of the Business Goals through strategic selection and management of suppliers to both support current production programmes and to win future bids by working closely with, and actively integrating the outputs of, Business Development capture leads, business line heads, Bids’ and Projects’ Management and Category Leaders/Buyers
- Support and promote the New Product Introduction teams within LAS to optimise the product development and introduction phase.
- Lead and manage monthly procurement reviews to ensure that performance is delivered and measured, while also reporting progress.
- Develop and manage an international sourcing strategy for Optronics working closely with global teams.
- Responsible for Risk assessment and mitigation in accordance with the business Risk Management Planning.
- Represent Procurement function at all stakeholder levels.
- Create, and where relevant negotiate and manage, appropriate contractual frameworks as required for the business, ensuring risk and liabilities arising from programmes are flowed down appropriately through the supply chain.
- Target and drive procurement savings (both prior and post contract placement) across all bids and projects, reporting back into the business and validating same with Finance, Bids and Programmes functions.
- Experience in mid to senior level procurement or supply chain management role
- Stakeholder management at senior levels within an international organization
- Major development/manufacture sub-contract program/project management experience
- Team development and leadership skills with proven outcomes
- The ability to translate strategic business vision into tangible delivery of necessary supply chain capability
- Experience developing and managing Global Sourcing strategies
- Has a clear understanding of the global perspective relevant to their role working both within Thales and the supply market
- Measures the impact of their performance, and of their policies and suppliers, on Thales results, improves efficiency of the team to increase Thales competitiveness
- Literate written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills to optimise cross organization working and to work effectively with suppliers and the business community
To apply please click on the 'Apply' button.