|Job Ref:||1617816||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Environmental||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:07|
Official title of the role is Quality Specialist |
Reporting to: Quality Manager and QEHS Audit Program Lead Scope: Regional
• To further develop, improve & maintain the Quality management systems and promote a positive Quality culture with the objective of improving installation standards, documentation completion and business processes
• To provide an Internal and External Quality auditing function to the region
• To provide support and training on Quality issues
• Assist the region in implementing Quality management system requirements
• To promote compliance with Company Quality procedures, regulatory standards (LPS 1048) and all relevant BS and EN standards
• To provide specialist advice, at all levels within the region
• Performance against the quality audit schedule
• Audit closure rates
• Performance against the training requirements
• Initiative roll out progress
• Project deadlines
• Quality and Technical Auditing of Company activities.
• Attending and reporting on Management Review Meetings.
• Following up of all corrective and preventive action, to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Liaising with managers on Quality matters.
• Liaising with representatives of regulatory and certification bodies.
• Writing of processes, procedures, work instructions etc.
• Resolving complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Undertaking training and support activities.
• To promote the Company’s Quality Procedures and to support the business managers in the Operational, Sales and Administration teams within the region
• Monitor regulatory and other changes and emerging issues, and communicate with branches to inform them of relevant changes and the required responses.
• Maintain Quality networks internally and externally with industry and professional bodies for the benefit of information sharing and maximizing the use of resources where indicated.
• Working with the branches to develop processes and to monitor their effectiveness and ensure on going compliance with relevant legislation and Company’s requirements
• Promote incorporation of Quality issues into business planning and performance measures by working with the local managers
• Ensuring that the regional Quality audit schedule is maintained and that auditing targets are met.
• Monitoring and measuring conformity with Quality Standards, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement
• Implement the Quality audit program and monitor the quality of the audits and report results to the Head of Quality local managers and business Directors
• Following up of all corrective and preventive action to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Assist business managers with the development of action plans, as necessary
• Assisting business managers with identifying Quality training and information needs
• Liaison with Directors/Managers within the region at all levels on Quality issues.
• Ensure timely monthly reporting provide statistical reports to the Head of QEHS.
• Taking ownership, assigning and reporting on projects for Quality issues, as required.
• Ability to work as part of the UK & Ireland QEHS team towards a common goal.
• Ability to Lead, Manage and motivate all employees on Quality issues within the region.
• A recognised quality and/or auditor qualification e.g. IRCA Lead Assessor
• Must be able to work unsupervised, be self-motivated and be persuasive at all levels within the organisation
• Must be able to produce results and meet targets
• Must be a good communicator with excellent computer literacy
• Knowledge or working understanding of BS EN ISO 9001 and LPS1048 is desirable (or a thirst to learn this).
• An in depth knowledge of relevant Quality standards is essential, as is a need to stay abreast of new developments
• Must be able to influence others, often without authority over them, to produce desired results
• Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
• Must be a good communicator and computer literate (Microsoft office)
• Travel & possible overnight stays are required
• Holder of a current driving licence