|Job Ref:||141502BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:10|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM's Power and Energy Business is focused on providing engineering services for the development and deployment of energy infrastructure projects across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa.
We wish to recruit a Senior Civil & Structural Engineer to our Bristol offices who can bring passion and flair to our work and have a real interest in improving the built environment. The engineer will join our multidisciplinary team working on a variety of power projects including power station projects including nuclear, hydropower, thermal and energy from waste as well as transmission and distribution projects.
Our Civil & Structural engineers work closely within design teams to ensure that the projects we create together perform sustainably and holistically to meet the brief and budget. Increasingly we work with our other internal business lines such as architecture, environment, transportation and our own project managers to provide a one stop solution to our clients and their projects.
As a Civil & Structural Engineer based in our Bristol office, you will be involved in the design of civil structures in reinforced concrete and structural steel.
You will work closely with our clients, developing and managing strong relationships with key contacts, and will regularly carry out structural assessments on the project site.
Another important part of the role will be writing structural assessment reports to be used by clients and other members of the team.
You will be involved in
• design using a variety of structural materials,
• practical application of the current design software that allows us deliver design solutions efficiently and effectively,
• day to day running of projects of various sizes
• assisting in proposal preparation
• supporting senior and mentoring more junior staff
The following attributes and requirements are anticipated in the project engineer we wish to recruit:-
• Chartered or near Chartered member of ICE or IStructE
• Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent accredited by a professional engineering institution such as the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
• Structural design experience using all the main materials on a variety of structures project
• Capable of working under minimal supervision
• Experience in Eurocodes and British Standards is essential
• Knowledgeable in finite element and frame analysis software for steel and RC frames, flat slabs, etc.
• Revit expertise advantageous
• Project management experience
• Desire to build client relationships
• Possess excellent written skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients verbally,
• A valid UK driving licence is required and you must also be eligible to achieve security clearance..
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.