|Job Ref:||CAST BU||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 60,000 per year, Travel, Pension, Bonus + Perks||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:20|
I am currently working with a leading M&E Contractor who are currently looking to bring in an experienced Electrical Buyer to join the procurement team based in East London. Typical projects are valued around £10million M&E and company turnover around £80million. With a healthy order book for 2016 and 2017 there is some assistance required with their procurement team.
Competitive salaries and packages available for experienced buyers, ideal experience would be within commercial fit out but is not essential.
* Liaison with Estimators, Engineers, and Designers at tender stage to ensure competitive budget prices are obtained while maintaining compliance with specification.
* Carry out the whole of the procurement process during the tenure of projects ensuring goods and services are obtained within budget, to specification and on time.
* Liaise with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required.
* Provide regular reports on procurement and supplier performance.
* Monitor and develop the vendor database to ensure that it contains up to date, comprehensive information on suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Continuously investigate and monitor the market to identify potential new suppliers/products and sub-contractors.
* Maintain/develop relationships with key suppliers and specialist sub-contractors.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* Extensive experience of procurement within the M&E contracting sector.
* Experience of procurement processes within a construction related environment.
* A proven track record in managing supplier relationships, negotiation and process compliance.
* Excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
* A pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance.
* An understanding of legal frameworks and contract law is desirable.
* MCIPS qualification or degree is desirable.
* Ability to work independently in a pressurised environment
* Strong team ethic
* Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience of databases
I have agreed with my client to meet to discuss my shortlist of applicants by Friday 9th September with the view to set up interviews Week Commencing 12th September
For further information and to discuss this role, or a selection of other roles I am currently recruiting in more detail for either yourself of someone you know please give me a call on NA6
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills M&E, Building Services, M+E, Mechanical & Electrical