30th September 2016
Main Purpose of Role:
We are seeking an accomplished professional, with a detailed background in document control, who will be fully responsible for day-to-day Document Control activities in the busy and stimulating office of an energy services engineering company.
Role holder will be expected to maintain strong relationships with Penspen’s Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project and Engineering teams as well as the company’s vendors and subcontractors. Also responsible for generating man-hour allocations for the document control team across each project (CTRs).
- Inputting and collating information to & from the company’s document control database.
- Using Adobe Acrobat Professional to assemble documentation as and when required.
- Supplying project teams and clients / vendors with issued documentation and interrelated information.
- Issuing internal or external project documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensuring issued Penspen documentation is correctly formatted to company and client standards and requirements.
- Keeping a record of all revisions of documentation and commented documents.
- Maintaining a complete QA-auditable database record of the movements of deliverables and related correspondence.
- Maintaining electronic records of all deliverables and related correspondence.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Experience within a project-based engineering environment.
- Computer literacy with MS Office, Outlook and Adobe software.
- MS Access experience desirable.
- Familiarity with the philosophy and principles of document control.
- Cost and environmental awareness.
- Solid written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure – working to deadlines and able to prioritise workload.
- Flexible, team player able to use initiative and be pro-active with all tasks.