Job Title: Document Control Specialist|
Requisition ID: 177518
Project: Wylfa, Horizon Project
Employment Type: National Full time
Relocation Authorized: None
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
The Wylfa Newydd Project will be executed by an Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) Joint Venture (JV) company comprised of Hitachi, Bechtel, and Japanese Gas Company entities. The project will be performed by an integrated team delivering the EPC functions. The physical construction works will be supported by local, regional, national, and European Union contractors coordinated in a direct control construction management and direct hire environment.
Supports the project in a wide variety of activities that include performing administrative duties within document control, input data using an electronic document management system within a timely and accurate manner, and maintaining configuration control of project records. Responsibilities entail use of judgment and initiative within guidelines of well-defined scope; independently follows procedures, works under general supervision. May have access to confidential data. Duties also require a high degree of accuracy, initiative, exceptional organizational skills, discretion and teamwork.
Principal responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilisation of a standard Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) to register, control, distribute, and transmit documentation
- Planning scope of document management work
- Supporting the development and implementation of an overall office records management program
- Maintaining effective communications with other project team members, client and contract personnel to ensure quality, schedule and budget
- Supporting quality audits, internal technical reviews, client reviews
- Processing of records generated by the project team in the EDMS
- Preparing of routine documents, using standard word processing, spreadsheets, or other office software as needed to support work activities
- Providing technical guidance to project personnel in use of document management automation tools
- Numbering and scanning of project generated documents into EDMS in support of the project activities
- Copying and distributing documents/memos/information as requested by the management
- Ensuring appropriate related training is provided to project team members and training records are kept up-to-date
- Developing and implementing project specific procedures in compliance with Bechtel corporate policies and procedures for records management and retention
- Troubleshoot data anomalies, and/or report discrepancies.
- Maintain filing system and record copies of project documents as directed by supervisor.
- Perform data entry to produce and maintain logs, transmittals, and track documentation as required within Bechtel's electronic document management system (EDMS) and other applications.
- Assist the project on records security classification policy and procedures.
- Perform routine data analysis and development, as directed.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
Job Knowledge and Skills
Shaping tomorrow together
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of implementation and instruction on automated applications relative to document control, scheduling, and collaboration
- Experience working with InfoWorks data management system to include advanced searches, redline mark-ups, user management, workflow configuration, and customisation and modification (adding/deleting fields, changing labelling, confidentiality settings) of metadata fields/attributes of the documents
- Knowledge of various retrieving methods by using Documentum search engine
- Ability to use BINS - Bechtel Information Numbering System to number documents in InfoWorks
- Comprehension of the life cycle management of documents (automatic tracking of retention, transferral and destruction periods)
- Experience creating or maintaining Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Knowledge of technical library/archive and information retrieval systems
- Knowledge of technical drawing conventions and techniques
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to make decisions on matters that do not require management level involvement.
- Experience working independently in a senior or manager level management environment.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, high energy environment
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including joint venture partners and clients
- Familiarity with Bechtel, customer, and regulatory recordkeeping requirements
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.