|Job Ref:||204336053||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Midlands||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum OTE figure quoted||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
Field Sales Engineer - Electro-mechanical |
Covering East UK, UK c£45-55k+ OTE
A proven technical sales professional is required to join a successful and expanding manufacturing company based in Worcestershire. The role will involve managing existing accounts as well as identifying and developing new opportunities to deliver profitable growth for the overall business.
The company is involved with the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical systems and precision mechanisms for a variety of applications (e.g. security and access control) and across various industries.
The role involves field sales meeting customers to help identify and win new business, planning and developing strategies to manage and develop new and existing accounts, maintain accurate records of customers, and of course aiding in the identification and requirements gathering of customer's projects and problems in order to provide bespoke solutions.
Skills / Knowledge required:
• Ideally a HNC / HND / degree in mechanical engineering or similar
• A proven background in technical sales (ideally precision mechanical components and systems involving mechanisms / moving parts)
• Solution based or consultative style sales is preferred - providing bespoke solutions
• Excellent communication skills (written / verbal) with good practical problem solving ability
• Knowledge of electronic packaging or enclosure design would be useful
• Previous background in mechanical design, applications engineering or a customer focused technical support role could be considered
• Able to manage own workload and achieve results working autonomously
Knowledge of any of the following could be useful - motion control, electronics, or electrical engineering
The company designs and manufactures products in the UK and volumes vary from thousands to millions, hence understanding of high volume manufacture would be useful. Also the products and systems are used with a variety of industries including rail, automotive, aerospace, construction, retail, consumer products etc.
Candidates should be proactive, results oriented, collaborative, adaptable / flexible, customer focused, show initiative, and be able to work in a team!
There will be a need to visit the Worcester office but the sales region will be East UK (e.g. East Midlands, Lincoln, Peterborough, Norwich, Colchester, Bedford etc)
NOTE - commission is not capped