|Job Ref:||204569666||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
My client is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. They have an opportunity for a Design Manager to join their established team. |
The ideal candidate will be an all-round Design Manager, with specific strong experience in Education and ideally laboratories.
Key Accountabilities will include:
* Assist the Senior Design Manager to produce the project specific designer agreements using the company standard format, except where novation agreements already exist, scope of services and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
* Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
* Manage the design on site with where appropriate the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
* Where applicable manage/assist in the production of the Contractors proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, and have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations.
* Ensure that all design deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable.
* Review the design with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction.
* Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
* Where nominated control design change process management.
* Where nominated organise and chair regular design team meetings.
* Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
* Assist the Principal/Senior Design Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other design roles within the interior fit out sector, please contact Chris Moloney on (Apply online only) or email