|Job Ref:||204570376||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tyne & Wear||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:40|
Salary: DoE + bonus + car allowance + bens
Excerpt: Commercial Director required by leading National House Builder to provide strategic leadership in all commercial matters across the business
The main purpose of the role is to provide strategic leadership support in all commercial matters across the business, from tender through pre-construction and throughout the lift of the scheme.
Supporting the regional estimating, design, technical, commercial and production elements of the process.
• Coins Process - Be the COINS Commercial Champion, Work across departments to ensure the COINS system is bought into by all staff
• Commercial Resource and Structure - Assist the regions with their commercial recruitment, Develop the training requirements of the commercial staff, Work with existing Commercial Teams to improve the commerciality of the business
• Geographical Expansion - Work with the existing/new teams to expand into new areas whilst maintaining the company ethos
• Costs - Oversee the annual Cost Review and publish findings report, Hold monthly cost to complete review meetings, Establish a cross border audit process
• Work with the regions to maximize Urban Union opportunities.
• Standardisation of Systems and Processes - Be the Commercial process owner for QMS, Ensure the regional buy-in of all systems and processes
• Specification / Product - Work with Sales team to understand the customer needs, Work with design team to develop our portfolio of house types
• Estimating - Development of Estimating systems
• Procurement / Strategies - Work with central procurement to maximize production and commercial success, Work with regional teams to ensure best procurement strategies are implemented
• Board Representation - Contribute to formulating strategy for the business, Ensure strategy is carried out through commercial channels, Ensure the regions comply with all corporate governance issues, Ensure all commercial and business development indicators are monitored and reported accurately, Review, monitor and improve business processes
• Client Relationship - Understand the regional client dynamics and support the regions to satisfy their commercial requirements, Develop the commercial aspects of the business to support partners changing housing needs, Review business development opportunities in terms of risk and fit within business targets, Enhance the company reputation, Win client confidence
• Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
• Up to date relevant knowledge of commercial legislation.
• Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
• Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
• Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
• Professional attitude and approach to work.
• Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
• Confident oral and written communicator.
• Ability to communicate with all of those who have a stake in the work.
• Financial and commercial awareness.
• Ability to influence and negotiate.
• Mentor and develop others across the region.
• Current UK Driving Licence.
• Ability to demonstrate the ability to think strategically.
• Have drive and energy in delivering a high standard performance and keeping teams focused on business results.
• Competitive salary
• Bonus Scheme + Package
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Ben Brass on (Apply online only) for a Confidential Discussion