|Job Ref:||204570250||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:01|
I am working with a regional consultancy who are looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to their growing North East office. They work in a variety of sectors including Residential, Industrial, Healthcare and Commercial providing their clients with a full range of Civil and Structural Engineering Services. They are an innovative company who have heavily invested in BIM and Revit and believe in delivering a personalised service to all their clients on all projects.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Structural Engineering or in a relevant subject and have a minimum of five years' practical experience within a consultancy. You will be Chartered or working towards Chartership, be able to run projects which are valued up to £20millon from inception to completion whilst advising more junior members of staff. As the consultancy is growing and becoming more successful they are now working across a range of projects therefore your responsibilities may include:
• Preparing fee proposals
• Liaising with various stakeholders on projects including Architects, Contractors and Local Authorities
• Attending client and design meetings
• Managing Junior Engineers/Technicians
• Visiting sites during construction phase to monitor progress and provide contractors with advice.
• Preparing detailed design calculations to British Standards
• Writing up Structural Assessment Reports
• Preparing conceptual designs for structural schemes
• Preparing detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender
• Analysing and reporting on structural defects and remediation
The opportunity for the incoming Engineer is to join a company who are forward thinking and realise the importance of brand and promoting themselves within the industry. The consultancy encourage all their employees to meet the clients they work with and encourage networking to create long lasting relationships. You will be given the opportunity to work on various projects including Student Accommodation, Car Showrooms, Educational Buildings, Commercial Offices and Industrial Units. The consultancy will offer you a highly competitive salary along with continual training towards your professional development and give you support to further your career within the business