|Job Ref:||204570158||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbernauld||Address:||Post Code:||G67||Salary:||£250 - £270/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
Civil Estimator - contract - Glasgow £250 - £270ltd per day|
- Prepare estimates for project pursuits, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site investigations to prepare estimate.
- Read and understand contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Write detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by Project Delivery.
- Solicit bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
- Prepare estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
- Prepare outline schedules and determine critical path for proposed projects.
- Assist staff members with various special projects related to preconstruction/estimating.
- Support project teams with budget development.
- Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor`s direction
- Bachelor`s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or trade specific professional experience
- 4+ years` experience in construction estimating
- Knowledge of all types of civil projects, including earthwork, utilities, paving, maintenance, bridges & concrete structures
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Working knowledge of trades: scope, time frames, field execution and potential risks/exposures
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients