|Job Ref:||204570020||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£40000 - £45900/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:40|
My client has a fantastic opportunity to work within the estates department (Client Direct) managing the delivery of minor works projects (value of projects ranging from £100K to £1M including alterations, refurbishment, new build and backlog maintenance schemes within the Estate in a manner that meets business needs. |
Monday to Friday - 36 Hour Week
Pension Scheme - 26.5%
Ill health cover
40 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Access to on-site leisure facilities
Other Benefits Attached
- All work is carried out in accordance with current legal and statutory requirements.
- All work is carried out in accordance with current policies, processes and procedures
- Customer expectations are met in terms of timescales, cost targets, quality standards and value for money.
- Works are coordinated in a manner that meets business needs, objectives whilst maintaining the student experience.
- Projects are actively managed throughout the delivery life cycle ensuring appropriate risk management and contingency planning.
- Effective transition from build to operate
- Financial control in accordance with the companies financial regulations.
- A positive culture of health and safety management is promoted and maintained.
- To work with Client/end users to achieve client sign off for project briefs.
- To develop specifications and cost plans for each individual project assigned.
- Monitor and report on any variances/changes in the scope of work, specification and cost using both the companies cost control procedures and by the provision of PM3 reports updated on a weekly basis.
- To ensure all standard specifications for the supply and procurement of fittings, equipment and services are identified to clients, external consultants, strictly adhered to and upon completion of works all new or replacement assets are recorded in accordance with the Estates acquisition policy.
- To act as an interface between internal clients and external consultants / contractors / agencies throughout the duration of the works ensuring that works are co-ordinated with commercial, facilities and maintenance functions on site to ensure a minimum of disruption to such undertakings and that all queries and issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- To ensure Health and Safety legislation is adhered to for on-site works, liaise with the Safety and Health advisors on relevant matters, attend and participate in relevant meetings on site where works and project updates are required, ensure relevant processes such as the review of Risk and Method Statements (RAMS) is undertaken, asbestos register is consulted / updated and that relevant other applications for permits to works (PTW) are submitted in good time.
- Undertake post handover evaluation of projects and feed back any lessons learnt to the team.
Technical Competencies -
- Professionally qualified with a relevant degree/postgraduate qualification, plus broad demonstrable management experience in similar or related roles OR Substantial vocational and relevant management experience demonstrating management ability in an appropriate professional or specialist area, and success in similar or related roles, supported by evidence of significant appropriate specialist knowledge.
- Member of RIBA, CIOB or RICS
- Ability to prepare and implement risk assessments.
- Ability to prepare briefs, design schemes, prepare specifications and budgets and run projects from an in-house team or with outside contractors.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the application of the DDA Regulations, Health & Safety law, Building Control and all forms of Contract Law applicable to the Construction Industry.
- Understanding working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- The initiative to plan and execute large, varied programmes of work on very tight timescales is a prerequisite of the post.
- NEBOSH certificate in construction Health & Safety
- Ability to analyse and evaluate financial reports
- Previous experience of computer-based project management systems and associated software.
- Previous experience of working on a large estate with a simultaneous capital programme either in the Public Sector or HEI.
Please apply online or for further information do not hesitate to contact Tarik Bell-Ross on NA or NA
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy