|Job Ref:||204570420||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£400/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:34|
Change Communication Lead |
- £400 per day
- 6 month contract - immediate start
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain`s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Change Communication Lead.
This is a hugely important hire and it`s imperative that we secure a Communications professional with vast experience not only strategically but also tactically with a hands-on approach. It would be brilliant if you have an understanding of the IT world and the terminology as you will be tasks with some strong stakeholder management campaigns. Engaging an audience is absolute key and really understanding change and communications and having innovative ideas of how to approach it.
- Creation of an annual communication strategy and roadmap for IT Business Change and Delivery.
- Creation and implementation of communication plans for key priority projects throughout the year aligned to communications strategy and roadmap
- Work with Internal Communications team to ensure that BCD (Business change and Delivery) remains well informed and making sure that they are aligned to the Internal Communications Strategy
- Support VP of Business and Change to develop and implement change management plans and activities
- Support the execution of change and communications plans by Project Managers and Directors
- Ensure the team are kept up to date with information on the Change Programme through the following initiatives by implementing a comms rhythm
- Working with Project Managers and the Project management Office maintaining the intranet space and channels dedicated to the change programme, including reviewing it regularly,
- Gathering updates from PM`s and Delivery Team Leads and feeding them into Internal Communications products such as Digest, Newsletter, and Yammer.
- Ensuring that engagement activities happen within BCD and that there is a strong team communications rhythm.
- Build relationships with stakeholders within the project community, Internal Communications, IT and the wider business.
- Help Project Managers and the Delivery Team Leads to create stakeholder communication plans for each project, choosing the best tactics for each different audience.
- Work with Project Managers and Delivery Team Leads to feed into meetings as appropriate
- Provide other ad hoc support to ensure that the appropriate communications are being developed and implemented to support the change programme
- Development of strong working relationships to get a good understanding of all activities going on, glean key priorities and identify any communication gaps that need to be addressed
- Development of new and imaginative ways of communicating the work carried out to the wider company including the creation of engaging presentations that use audience research and insight and tell compelling stories
- Provide support to the VP and BCD Leadership team with the preparation of presentations and materials as required
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness in everything the team and the company delivers.
- Contribute to making BCD a fantastic place to work and to attract and motivate the best people.
- Experience in the strategy, planning and the delivery of both internal engagement and stakeholder communications campaigns
- Substantial experience of providing change and communications support at a senior level within a major organisation or technology company environment
- A proven record of delivering successful change communications in a project environment. Experience of managing stakeholder relationships at a senior level
- Experience of developing and using change management tools and techniques would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills - articulate with the written and spoken word and ability to "tell a story" and create narrative on not much information and be creative with it!
- Ability to influence and build relationships across the IT and company as a whole
- Strong negotiation, presentation and management skills
- Project management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Able to demonstrate awareness of business and organisational sensitivities and reflect this in approaches to communicating change
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Understanding of the company structure, policies and concerns
- Creation of an annual communication strategy and roadmap